Blaugust 2015, Day 5
On Sunday I finally caught that infamous blogging disease, the Liebster Award! Thanks Noctua and Mylex at Gamers Decrypted!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love origami, and can fold a mean shark.
- I have never played KOTOR, to my shame.
- I have 3 cats and only one of them hates me.
- My mom is the one who inspired and enabled my nerdiness. She still always calls me to make sure I don’t miss an episode of Doctor Who or a particularly cheezy made-for-Syfy movie.
- I came to MMOs relatively late, and WoW was my first MMO. I never played in vanilla.
- My first computer was a Commodore 64.
- In school I had to learn typing instead of programming due to my schedule. I hated and resented it right up until I realized that knowing how to type is amazing, and programming I could teach myself.
- Hands down, my favorite movie of all time is Pacific Rim. It is like it was made just for me and my childhood kaiju love.
- I absolutely hate wearing dresses or skirts. But I always end up playing casters in video games so my characters are constantly wearing dresses even though I won’t.
- I love Star Wars and Star Trek equally. Don’t drag me into your arguments, I won’t choose sides!
- My favorite food is cheese. If you don’t like cheese I will fight you.
Now to answer Noctua’s questions:
- What about writing do you love the most? Writing a blog is great because it forces me to reflect more deeply on what I’ve been doing, and connects me to the world of other game bloggers outside my social circle.
- Which is your favorite gaming console of all time? I’d have to say the original Playstation. It marks the point where I was capable of buying games I wanted without having to beg my parents for them.
- Do you believe in good and evil? I’m going to go with the sage words of god, or a computerized space probe that collided with god: “Right and wrong are just words, what matters is what you do.”
- What are your worst and best qualities? I can be overly competetive sometimes, but I make a mean spaghetti sauce.
- Are you an achievement, immersion, or social focused player? I’m definitely achievement focused first and foremost. I enjoy escaping into games, but once I’m there I need some objective to chase.
- What is your most beloved character of all times from a game? If this means my personal characters, it would definitely be my forsaken priest in WoW, so many memories there. In terms of actual written characters, probably Sam from Gone Home. Never before had a game made me just outright weep at the end.
- What is your favorite book? This one is almost impossible to answer, there’s too many great ones! My favorite of what I’ve read recently would have to be One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire because it is full of sea fey.
- Which is your favorite fictional villain and why? I always love villains that are smart and scheming. My favorite Disney villain is Ursula, because she’s amazing and because her design was based on Divine.
- DC or Marvel? I’m not a comics fan at all. I’d have to answer Marvel to this question though, just from enjoying their movies and playing lots of Marvel Heroes!
- What about maintaining your blog do you find the most difficult? Coming up with new things to say, and believing that my opinions are worth posting for everyone to see.
- Which is your personality type? INTP, the classic absentminded professor archetype, I guess it makes sense. I most certainly am an introvert.
Now for my questions for my
- Why do you blog?
- What was your favorite childhood cartoon show?
- Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
- What’s the most amazing place you’ve ever been?
- Pizza: Chicago or New York?
- If you could only pick one game genre to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What inspired your character name?
- What is your greatest gaming moment or achievement?
- Do you share your love of games with your real-world friends and family, or keep it to the internet?
- Have you ever had a really weird pet?
- What is your favorite type of environment/biome in-game and IRL?
Phew that was a workout! I’ve chosen a couple of my Aggrochat buddies who are also participating in Blaugust to answer my questions and share their 11 random facts:
Ash and Thalen consider yourselves Liebster-ed! I look forward to seeing your answers.
I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me a little better!